Sunday 17 July 2011

Duelling

Recently (only a few million years ago), life discovered duelling. Two animals of the same species, instead of fighting to death, engage in a more-or-less ritual fight, and the winner will take the mate, the food, anything else they are competing for.

Humans keep doing it, though the often join in bands for duelling. For example, politics in most countries is a constant duel between two parties. The debt ceiling argument in the U.S. is a duel taken to the point it starts getting dangerous.

Sometimes one gets engaged in a duel. And a lot depends on the eyes you use to look at it:

Through the eyes of division
you see who you're fighting.
Through the eyes of unity
you see the way life will pull.

I recently found myself involved in a duel about what is liberation on a discussion board that claims to be able to liberate people through discussions with them. I'm still surprised with myself for getting in that muddy puddle, but that's life for you. For the curious, this is it:


Feel free to use the comments to describe in painful detail how I don't know what the hell I'm doing and/or how I'm not following my own poetry.



No comments:

Post a Comment